TICONDEROGA Historic Ticonderoga is offering a historic opportunity for holiday shoppers. Four Ticonderoga museums will again join forces for the second annual Christmas Store Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 to be held in the Dillaway building on Montcalm Street. Fort Ticonderoga, the Ti Cartoon Museum, the Heritage Museum and the Ti Historical Society will sell items from their gift shops from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. each day. Ticonderogas Hancock House, earlier known as the Headquarters House, is a reproduction of the Colonial Mansion built in Boston from 1737-1740 and occupied by John Hancock, president of the Second Continental Congress and signer of the Declaration of Independence. It serves as home to the Ticonderoga Historical Society. The Headquarters House was erected in 1926 and presented to the New York State Historical Association by Horace A. Moses, a native son of Ticonderoga, to further the interest of the people of northeastern New York and the Lake Champlain and Lake George valleys in history and the fine arts. The communitys industrial history is on display at the Ticonderoga Heritage Museum. The museum is located in downtown Ticonderoga on the edge of Bicentennial Park. Commonly called the 1888 Building the museum is housed in the only remaining structure of the old Ticonderoga Pulp and Paper mill that once sprawled across most of the lower section of the town. Today the museum hosts an Adirondack gift shop and displays exhibits on the 200-year history of industries that built the town. The two primary exhibits center on Ticonderogas papermaking industry and the graphite used in the Dixon Ticonderoga pencils. There are also exhibits on early tools, toys and games. There are plans for a major exhibit on waterpower, family interactive programs and exhibits, and a series of temporary exhibits on major industries and inventions. The 1888 Building is an exhibit in itself. It was once headquarters to the International Paper Co. mill that operated along the adjacent LaChute River. When IP moved its mill a few miles north of the hamlet, the building was given to the town. The museum board leases the building. In the past few years the building has received a $100,000 facelift and there are ongoing plans for further improvements. The Ticonderoga Cartoon Museum features more than 700 exhibits. The museum is located in the basement of the Community Building on Montcalm Street. Special exhibits are: Sid Couchey on Richie Rich and Friends, Thomas Nast defeating Boss Tweed, the famous Gibson Girl, Animation with Chuck Jones, and 100 Years of the Comics. Fort Ticonderoga, site of Americas first victory in the Revolutionary War, is now one of the regions top tourist attractions. The fort, which features a restored 18th century fort and a museum with more than 30,000 artifacts, drew more than 86,000 visitors last summer. The 2,000-acre not-for-profit historic site also includes the Log House Restaurant and Museum Store, the Thompson-Pell Research Center that houses the administrative offices and the research library with over 13,000 rare books and manuscripts, the Pavilion, which is slated for future restoration, and the Kings Garden at Fort Ticonderoga, the 18th-century garrison garden, a childrens garden and the Native American garden.