Small community comes to the rescue

To the Editor: On Dec. 1 I experienced what it is truly like to live in a small caring community. My home was in the process of having a really bad chimney fire when Dale Quesnel and his family were riding around checking out the Christmas lights, and spotted it. He stopped to ask me if I was burning wood because the smoke in my chimney did not look right. He called Michael LaVallee the policeman on duty and he called the fire department in. In less than five minutes the hook and ladder trucks and the entire fire department were at my home to help me. They made sure that the sparks did not ignite the roof, that the attic was clear of all smoke and heat and the basement was safe for me. What an experience that is, you just never know when something can change your whole life and you have no home or belongings. I want to thank all the people who volunteer on the fire department and the police department and, of course, the very concerned citizen Dale Quesnel. We should all take the time to thank our volunteers more often, Happy Holidays to all of you. Judy Ann Davis

Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment