- Season ends early for DEC campground in Crown Point | 19 minutes ago
- Family spirit, work ethic of WCS football team key to 2014 prospects | 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- Reinventing the olde towne crier | Thoughts from Behind the Pressline | 6 hours, 37 minutes ago
- Church to close for winter | 2 days, 6 hours ago
- Elm Hill marker to be dedicated Sept. 13 | 3 days, 6 hours ago
- St. Mary’s School set for upcoming school year | 3 days, 6 hours ago
- Labor Day weekend events in Port Henry | 3 days, 21 hours ago
Season ends early for DEC campground in Crown Point 19 minutes ago
Labor Day weekend events in Port Henry 3 days, 21 hours ago
Chronicling a century of residency 3 days, 21 hours ago
Commerce czar predicts bright future for Warrensburg, Warren Co. 4 days, 1 hour ago
Rathbuns close up shop on 74-year Ti staple 5 days ago
Ticonderoga water project now fluid 5 days ago
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- Ready for another week of 'Survivor'
- More on backcountry damage
- Family spirit, work ethic of WCS football team key to 2014 prospects
- Hadley-Luzerne and Lake George athletes join forces on 'WarEagles' football squad
- Lake George Bowl now evolving into family fun center
- Soccer comes to Warrensburg
- Willsboro Ladies Golf League results
Lifestyle and Entertainment
- Season ends early for DEC campground in Crown Point
- Church to close for winter
- Labor Day weekend events in Port Henry
- Local Girl Scouts seek volunteers, members
- Pastor Bob joins staff at CVPH Medical Center
Letters to the Editor
- Paul Smith's student found dead on campus shoreline
- Update: One dead in Plattsburgh stabbing, suspect in custody
- Residents voice concerns about potential police move
- Domestic dispute | Police Blotter
- Ti Police ‘weed’ out village
- Commerce czar predicts bright future for Warrensburg, Warren Co.
- Bank sets Pacesetter for United Way
- Rathbuns close up shop on 74-year Ti staple
- Democratic election inspector needed
- Office for the aging goes on facebook
Friday, Aug. 29 was not a good day for Norm St. Pierre. That’s when the owner of Norm’s Bait & Tackle on Bridge Street learned the nearby Crown Point Campground was closing six weeks earlier than usual, on Labor Day.
The new roadside marker honoring John Thurman and his industrial settlement, Elm Hill, is ready for installation on South Johnsburg Road in the hamlet of Johnsburg.
“We tried something new last year and had Labor Day at the beach,” said Tim Bryant Chamber of Commerce executive. “It was a great time, but we had some feedback that downtown wasn’t as festive so we are back on Church Street.”
On Aug. 24 surrounded by friends, family and caregivers Allen accepted a proclamation by the Town of Ticonderoga to name Aug. 19, his date of birth, Desmond Allen Day. A plaque was presented to Allen by daughter in law Sue Allen.
Warrensburg and the southern Adirondacks are poised for job growth and prosperity, an experienced regional economic development official says.
Champlain National Bank has committed, once again, to be a Pacesetter for the United Way Campaign.
Rathbun’s Jewelry, which has been holding a “retirement sale” for the past several weeks, will close Saturday, Aug. 30. “It is kind of bittersweet,” Nancy Rathbun said. “I feel we bring a lot of people into the downtown area and that is why we would like to see a retail store back here.”
The Ticonderoga administrator said the town and contractor signed to drill the Streetroad well, The Layne Christensen Co., have resolved issues over a February malfunction and work will resume soon.
The Rev. Dr. Robert Basom has joined the staff of CVPH Medical Center as the hospital’s full-time chaplain.
The fifth annual Great Adirondack Moose Festival (GAMF) will be held in Indian Lake, Sept. 27-28 and is sponsored by the Indian Lake Chamber of Commerce.
The iconic Valcour lighthouse is slated for a long-awaited fall face lift.
State Police are investigating the death of a Paul Smith's student. Developing...
As oil trains continue to rumble through the Champlain Valley Region, a civic movement has been ignited.
The Lake Placid Ski Club will hold their 32nd Annual Olympic Car Show & Parade on Sunday, Aug. 31 on the Olympic Speed Skating Oval in Lake Placid.